Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What's with people?

So I am in this moms group.

I was in one in NJ that was awesome. We hung out often, had holiday parties , our kids played together. They where, and ARE great girls. I tried for 2 years to try to find the same kind of friendship down here. I looked in Yahoogroups, just where I found the NJ group, and found afew. Within afew months I had joined and left several groups, finally starting my own. But all of the groups down here have been the same. People are always gung-ho about going to an event, or making plans for things. And 9 times out of 10 everyone just cancels out, or just doesn't show up.

Like tonight there was a moms night out at Starbucks that I was looking forward too, but everyone canceled. I know, I know it is near the holidays, they might be busy with that, but this always happens.
And I must say that I have caught the same bad habit of not showing up to things. They don't care why should I?

But my point here is really a simple one. Why do people say they are coming and join a moms group, if they really don't want to come? How can something possibly come up EVERY TIME?

These days it doesn't bother really me too much anyway, cause I hang out with my neighbors and afew other close friends, but damn I really wanted to go to Starbucks!! I could go by myself I suppose, but it's a twenty minute drive and it seems sorta a waste of time for a over priced coffee! Can't wait in about a year there will be a brand new starbucks about 5 minutes away!

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 7:18:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger ExerciserTODAY said...

that's annoying that they cancel so much. but starbucks is nice. I have a friend that works for them, yummy coffee and a discount LOL.
I would be annoyed and leave a group that always cancelled, but I have no friends, so don't use me as a guide

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 7:47:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger Anna said...

I should leave the group. My kids are too old these days anyway. I just don't feel like hearing the "why are you leaving" questions.

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 7:48:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger Anna said...

and I am sure you have friends....

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 3:18:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger ExerciserTODAY said...

Well, ok I have some friends, but most are actually Andrew's friends, some are really just people I talk to at work, not socialize, and some are Chris and Dave (and I share Dave as well). Some are online friends, that I never see - like you, or I've never seen.
so I have 1 friend in NJ that's all mine. Thus why my viewpoint isn't neccesarily the best LOL

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 3:20:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger ExerciserTODAY said...

and that doesn't mean you aren't my friend, just that when I'm sitting at home, thinking "wouldn't it be nice to meet someone at starbucks" you don't really come to mind :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home