Saturday, January 13, 2007

All in a day's work....

Sometimes being a waitress is alittle rough. I learn alittle more each day, how really idiotic people are. I thought I would post a list of things people should know about eating out. A public service announcement of some sort.

1. If I ask you if you need anything, I am just being polite...The answer should be "No I am fine". Same thing if I ask you if you want more biscuits...Say no.. You have had enough biscuits, do you know how many calories they have??

2. When I ask you "Would you like Baked potato, fries, rice, mash potatoes or veggies?" the answer should NOT be "Do you have sweet potatoes?" I didn't SAY sweet potatoes, I am not trying to hide them from you. If I don't say it, we don't have it.

3.If you don't have enough money to tip, then you do not have enough money to be going out to eat.

4.If you are going to take up one of my tables for hours and hours, try to remember that when you tip me, that I just lost 2 or 3 more potential tips by you camping out there. I only get 3 tables, you still count as 1 even if you are just chewing on your ice cubes and chatting.

5.When I greet your table, at least make some eye contact or look up from the menu before you cut me off and rudely say "Sweet Tea".

6.I can't read your mind. If you don't like some thing...tell me..I can fix it. But don't get angry at me, and tell the manager or leave nasty notes on charge slips because I didn't read your thoughts that the baked potato was too salty.

7.We close at 10pm. Don't come in at 9:55pm and then wonder why we don't like you.

8.I make $3.and some pennies an hour. Please tip 15% at least. Please. I know I took good care of you.

9.I am a human being, just like you. You are no better then me, so don't act like I am your servent.

10.Sometimes things go wrong, food comes out late, drinks spill, Steaks get over-cooked. Don't act like it is the end of the world as you know it. We can fix the problem. Life will still go on.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 1:19:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger ExerciserTODAY said...

what is sweet tea?

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 9:11:00 PM GMT-5 , Blogger Anna said...

Oh my god in heavan..

I said Sweet Tea didn't I??

That's as bad as saying ya'll.

Anyway, it is Ice tea...but sweet with sugar, not like Lipton, like the kind we would make at home. We don't have sweet tea in Jersey for anyone else reading this....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home